Saturday, October 22, 2005

IF IT QUACKS LIKE A DUCK...



If it quacks like a duck, it could be a guy betting that you can't take his picture, come on, it's the Sportsman Lodge for goodness sake, wedding photogs everywhere, so I joined in the fun. As for the ducks, they were too far away, but I got a goose... not golden egg though, although by the look of these, it might be a rotten egg... I couldn't get close enough to get the image that I wanted, that's the way it goes, I need a good shooting day.
Today I spent restless and unsatisfied. Looking for interesting shots, I saw many, but couldn't really capture much. The Holga is not built for speed, that's for sure, or accuracy. But, for some reason I am compelled to keep shooting. I think because when the shot is good, it's beautiful. And, in the end, I think that this will sharpen my professional skills.

2 comments:

jbwritergirl said...

Be-atch! All this one upmanship may take its toll. Watch yourself now girl!
Jb

ISOSOS said...

OH .... Oh ... I'M SHAKING IN MY BOOTS....catch me if you can!

Tammy Abbott

My photo
Photojournalism is my passion, it's an amazing way to see and experience the world. I don't know if what I do will ever have a greater meaning then to fill the pages of daily newspapers. I've seen and felt first hand how important it is to approach the subject of my lense with kindness, respect and honesty. My background is in art and music. If I could express my feelings about life it would be embodied in the song made famous by Louis Armstrong, written by George Weiss and Thiele, "What A Wonderful World."

Followers