Monday, October 17, 2005

Almost Only Counts in Horse Shoes

First of all, today I hit the ground running, that is to say that everywhere I went, it felt like I was AMOST too late. Not a good feeling for a photog with assignments that reporters are counting on for images needed to add to the content of the story. First I was three frames into the announcement of the Rose Queen, when she was named.. about five minutes before schedule due to the rain.
Next assignment was canceled, and finding weather shots was on. So the rest of the day was spent chasing mud slides, all over Burbank. Not an easy thing to do on a rainy day, with police barricades. Somehow, I managed to get a few pictures.
And no Jacqui, this was not a HOLGA day, no time, no sun, and rain will ruin those polaroid suckers. But I did capture my favorite image of the day, which had nothing to do with anything, I post it tomorrow, as it is still at the office.
Thunder and Lightening are up on the top of my list, that's my kind of weather, wild and crazy. I do like the occasional soft summer night and breeze that goes with it... but nothing makes me feel more alive than a good flash and bang... No Jacqui, I'm still talking about the weather... and now, I'm off to rest for tomorrow will be another day.



For more "Keys..." see you tomorrow.

1 comment:

jbwritergirl said...

Well I have to say I'm a little happy it wasn't a Holga day for you because you always seem to get the shot. However I just saw your photo on the front page of the newspaper and it's amazing. Almost makes California appear to be a seasonal state.
Great work from you on an insanely wacky weather day. Bravo Girl.

Tammy Abbott

My photo
Photojournalism is my passion, it's an amazing way to see and experience the world. I don't know if what I do will ever have a greater meaning then to fill the pages of daily newspapers. I've seen and felt first hand how important it is to approach the subject of my lense with kindness, respect and honesty. My background is in art and music. If I could express my feelings about life it would be embodied in the song made famous by Louis Armstrong, written by George Weiss and Thiele, "What A Wonderful World."

Followers