Saturday, October 22, 2005

BLANKETS OF GRaY


When I opened my eyes this morning I thought to myself, it's another day of grey, and I suppose it will be this way for a long time now. Maybe it will clear up later today, if so, maybe I'll find something really cool to post... with so much in our world there should be limitless possibilities. Temporary is a blessing and a curse. That's my thought for today.
This gloomy day did not slow anyone down if they had plans to go to the Getty. There were so many people in the gardens, each group had their trusty digital cameras poised to capture the ultimate picture of a flower, or something rich in color on day. So many pictures, so many people, so many things.. I asked my friend David, "where do they all come from?" And he just thinks I ask too many questions. He's probably right.

1 comment:

jbwritergirl said...

Okay, I consider my ass kicked. When I saw your earlier post I assumed you would not be dragging around the Holga all day. Big Ruse to make me think I'd have a day off and then when I looked again I noticed your most beautiful capture of the flowers.
Is that how it's going to be?
I don't think so girlie girl. I've got your number now and you'd better start looking ahead to tomorrow.
I'll be trying to work the high speed black and white so who knows what will appear.
Till tomorrow,
jb

Tammy Abbott

My photo
Photojournalism is my passion, it's an amazing way to see and experience the world. I don't know if what I do will ever have a greater meaning then to fill the pages of daily newspapers. I've seen and felt first hand how important it is to approach the subject of my lense with kindness, respect and honesty. My background is in art and music. If I could express my feelings about life it would be embodied in the song made famous by Louis Armstrong, written by George Weiss and Thiele, "What A Wonderful World."

Followers