Friday, October 21, 2005

Climbing Trees

There are days when I wonder why life is so difficult sometimes. Everything takes an effort and I wonder if my efforts will make any difference at all?

My day started early, 4:00a.m., my sanity came when I met my best friend JB for breakfast, or as we like to call it Bitchfest.... we are both parents and artists with very complicated lives. After hashing through the "whys?" of life, we both went our separate ways, but I am so grateful that she is in my life.. even though she wants to kick my ass with her Holga. Well, we are in this together and so I had to take a picture of something, I can't let her down. By the end of the day the only thing I could think of was this tree. Simple and beautiful, reaching to the sky, reaching to the stars, maybe it's touches a little piece of heaven.
Tomorrow I will try and get something more interesting. Don't be fooled... ideas will find me once again.

1 comment:

jbwritergirl said...

Sometimes a tree is not just a tree. If you look long enough you realize just how many branches it takes to make a tree - a tree.
Just like life, in order for it to be full we branch out and some things lead us to wonderful places, other times we wonder why we're here.
Call it growning pains or whatever else you desire but remember how the tree has stood strong through winds, rain, threatening lightning strikes and even the earth moving below where it's roots struggle to hold on.
Things change, time passes, relief comes and goes.
Hang tight my friend and in the words of --well me-- this too shall pass.
Can't wait to see what you come up with tomorrow.
love ya
jb

Tammy Abbott

My photo
Photojournalism is my passion, it's an amazing way to see and experience the world. I don't know if what I do will ever have a greater meaning then to fill the pages of daily newspapers. I've seen and felt first hand how important it is to approach the subject of my lense with kindness, respect and honesty. My background is in art and music. If I could express my feelings about life it would be embodied in the song made famous by Louis Armstrong, written by George Weiss and Thiele, "What A Wonderful World."

Followers