Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I Can Hear Music



Yesterday, as I was bouncing around the towns... from Pasadena to Burbank, I stopped in front of a store front window and happened upon an abandoned piano. I grew up with music, I spent many years in the music business, and the site of this broke my heart. It's just one instrument, but when I saw it my imagination went wild.. who played it, where has it been? And is it destined to succumb to the cobwebs and dust, left to die a silent death? How sad I thought, how lonely, a metaphor for so many things that are old and past their prime. Imagine.

3 comments:

jbwritergirl said...

Just as I suspected, you are trying to beat me down with your elegant photo of a dead piano. I smell a rat whose far superior with a flash and whose composition is impecable. DRATS!!! Seems I'll have to really dig deeper for my subject matter and work on the lighting. Bravo my dear, your work here is down.
(honey can you hand me my crying towel)

jbwritergirl said...

Should have said done, but what the heck I'm just a writer.

jbwritergirl said...

Ahha! I just looked at these again and noticed that there was no familiar border around the edges. Cheater.

Tammy Abbott

My photo
Photojournalism is my passion, it's an amazing way to see and experience the world. I don't know if what I do will ever have a greater meaning then to fill the pages of daily newspapers. I've seen and felt first hand how important it is to approach the subject of my lense with kindness, respect and honesty. My background is in art and music. If I could express my feelings about life it would be embodied in the song made famous by Louis Armstrong, written by George Weiss and Thiele, "What A Wonderful World."

Followers