Sunday, October 16, 2005

Bridges of Glendale

Sometime in my busy day today, something unusual happened. One of my assignments fell through, so as I was leaving, this bridge caught my eye, so interesting with it's steele and curves.

The bridge is in Glendale on Kennilsworth, built in 1936. A women happened to be walking by and when I pealed the polaroid apart, there was this image, looking like days gone by, it could have been taken anytime, but today in the sometimes drizzly weather, it added an extra element of atmosphere.

2 comments:

jbwritergirl said...

When is a bridge not just a bridge? Well when Abbott shots it, it becomes somewhat of an art piece. Very interesting.

jbwritergirl said...

Err...shoots is what I meant to say just so you don't think I'm a moron.

Tammy Abbott

My photo
Photojournalism is my passion, it's an amazing way to see and experience the world. I don't know if what I do will ever have a greater meaning then to fill the pages of daily newspapers. I've seen and felt first hand how important it is to approach the subject of my lense with kindness, respect and honesty. My background is in art and music. If I could express my feelings about life it would be embodied in the song made famous by Louis Armstrong, written by George Weiss and Thiele, "What A Wonderful World."

Followers