Friday, October 28, 2005

THE PHONE BOOTH


I was driving down Magnolia Blvd. in Burbank when I suddenly spied this Phone Booth. Old, Pretty and red, it even has a phone, go figure? Reminding me of our page layout MASTER Matt, he loves red things, shirts, cars, why not a British phone booth.
I remember the phone booth contest, how many people can you fit into this space? It was actually rather roomy, and so I wouldn't put it past some teenagers to get many of their bodies in one of these. If they try though, they may have to call for help to get out. Could that be why cell phones were developed? NO.

This is a little detail of the inside to the booth.. it had a little gold plaque with a cleaver notice to phone users, but the reflection was too much for the camera.

1 comment:

jbwritergirl said...

Very nice my dear. I love the reflection in the glass on the front of the booth. Had I taken it you would most likely have seen my reflection because details like that often elude me (to get out of the way that is).
I also like the new background color of the blog. Really makes the pictures stand out.
You go girl!
I suppose I have to make a run to the camera store because I'm completely out of film and that just won't do.
Drats!!!!
Love ya lots,
JB

Tammy Abbott

My photo
Photojournalism is my passion, it's an amazing way to see and experience the world. I don't know if what I do will ever have a greater meaning then to fill the pages of daily newspapers. I've seen and felt first hand how important it is to approach the subject of my lense with kindness, respect and honesty. My background is in art and music. If I could express my feelings about life it would be embodied in the song made famous by Louis Armstrong, written by George Weiss and Thiele, "What A Wonderful World."

Followers