Saturday, October 29, 2005

CROSS TOWN TRAFFIC

Lots of riders and lots of trains and helpfull staff to make sure everyone knew everything they needed to know about the newest passageway on the Metrolink. Sometimes it's not the destination, it's the ride, and today, for me anyway, it was the ride.
Can you hear the song? The way to beat it is on the new Metrolink corridor through the Valley. I was welcomed on the train like bus by Mr. Gardner, I spent my first ride with him today from Valley College to Warner Center and back, he was cheerful, helpful and an all around great driver.

The Transit officials expected about 10,000 to ride this new route today. I saw all kinds of people check it out, old, young, families and kids with their skate boards, slightly cocky, testing the waters.

2 comments:

jbwritergirl said...

I left you a post last night lauding your work with the beast but I guess it didn't post.
There were lot's of ooo's and ah's so I thought you should know that.
You win for capturing a first, the metro opening, something had I not been feeling so crappy I might have remembered to go as well.
I noticed the digital this morning and it's great. You can really get a sense of how busy this will be as more and more people jump on board so to speak.
Love ya, look forward to seeing the next.
JB

ISOSOS said...

You're the best JB... I hope that you're feeling better today girl. I met the writers this morning... they were great, a lot of fun!
Love Ya!

Tammy Abbott

My photo
Photojournalism is my passion, it's an amazing way to see and experience the world. I don't know if what I do will ever have a greater meaning then to fill the pages of daily newspapers. I've seen and felt first hand how important it is to approach the subject of my lense with kindness, respect and honesty. My background is in art and music. If I could express my feelings about life it would be embodied in the song made famous by Louis Armstrong, written by George Weiss and Thiele, "What A Wonderful World."

Followers