Tuesday, July 11, 2006

WHAT GOES UP....

There are moments in a work day from time to time when I as a photographer say to myself... "I have to do what?" Photographers will do almost anything to get THE PICTURE, even on a hot afternoon, under a blazing sun. This is not an exotic land or a distant place, it's right there in the heart of Glendale. As I was climbing and cursing my writer it became more and more clear to me that I must get some good art. The fear of falling with my equipment was never far from my mind, climbing or descending with two Mark II Canons... anything less than upright would be a disaster.
It's funny how some days turn into journeys and a quest to simply preserver and achieve the goal, while other days are just a walk in the park... perhaps Verdugo Park? The reward came with a view, it was sure pretty up there.

1 comment:

jbwritergirl said...

I'm so glad you're back!!!!!

Great view but I'm sure no one will ever believe that there is still a space like this in our large conglomerate of industry and cicilian neighborhoods.

Glad to hear that you stayed upright because if a photographer falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it, she stays down a lot longer than expected.lol

love ya
jb

Tammy Abbott

My photo
Photojournalism is my passion, it's an amazing way to see and experience the world. I don't know if what I do will ever have a greater meaning then to fill the pages of daily newspapers. I've seen and felt first hand how important it is to approach the subject of my lense with kindness, respect and honesty. My background is in art and music. If I could express my feelings about life it would be embodied in the song made famous by Louis Armstrong, written by George Weiss and Thiele, "What A Wonderful World."

Followers