Saturday, November 05, 2005

SURFS UP!


Driving to a seminar this weekend, I thought that there were so many things that I would like to photograph. Places to discover, people to meet. I stayed on the beach in Ventura, at the Holiday Inn, it was very nice. I was surprised...
In the morning, I woke up and couldn't resist going down to the water for the first time this year, yah, I know, and I live here.. no I don't get away often. There were surfers all over the place, and I couldn't help myself, so I helped myself! This is Gene, he retired after working for 35 years, and now is having the time of his life. This was just a typical morning for him, I thought it was really great to see someone having so much fun!

2 comments:

jbwritergirl said...

I love the composition of your shots. They always seems so artsy.
I am appalled that this is your first visit to the beach however!!!!!!! Next summer you have to get Wednesdays off and join Alex and I because sometimes you just have to get away from it all.
Imagine waking up everyday knowing that the hardest part of the day is getting the sand out of the crack of your ass. What a life!
Did you use the flash on these shots or is this natural lighting because if you did, it's apparent that my Holga flash really bites?
I'm glad you had some time to play with the Holga, had some time to set your feet in the sand and get some real fresh air, and that you will start the week feeling invigorated from your time off.
Love ya,
JB

ISOSOS said...

Well, I didn't get but 15 min. this morning.. just long enough to take a few SNAPS! But, tomorrow I'm going on the back of a Harley! Yep... It's goning to be a pretty cool assignment. So, I'll get some more fresh air... as a matter of fact, I'll get aired out! Alright!!!

Tammy Abbott

My photo
Photojournalism is my passion, it's an amazing way to see and experience the world. I don't know if what I do will ever have a greater meaning then to fill the pages of daily newspapers. I've seen and felt first hand how important it is to approach the subject of my lense with kindness, respect and honesty. My background is in art and music. If I could express my feelings about life it would be embodied in the song made famous by Louis Armstrong, written by George Weiss and Thiele, "What A Wonderful World."

Followers