Monday, December 26, 2005

SAINT FRANCIS

Watching over small things, gentle things, Saint Francis of Assisi, in gardens everywhere. I could be anywhere, and at times I wonder if he is watching over me too, I turn around and there he is.... There is so much to learn from nature, it takes only what it needs to survive, death is never wasted. Beauty can be found everywhere, and anywhere, and each second counts. People are so complicated, and negotiating this world is challenging. Yet, hope is all around us, goodwill too. Speeding into the New Year, I hope that I am able to leave more goodness through the days in the lives of those I brush by during the course of a day. My secret is that a smile goes a long way, and kind touch can be a gift. Words matter, and they can be used for good as well as for harm.
And for anyone who reads this and thinks "oh brother!" When's the last time you thought of this stuff....? Now, I'm done!

2 comments:

jbwritergirl said...

I think St. Francis is in your back pocket sometimes. Lovely shot!

I guess I'll have to get that curve thing you've been talking about. I blew a roll at Christmas and they all came out so dark.

Great horse sense as well (or are they asses?) I think they're horses and it's a great shot because I know you had to be pretty close to shot that.

As always I will play catch up, till then, ciao
JB

ISOSOS said...

It's a horse and an ass... two...two...two asses in one shot!
Thanks girl.
Love Ya!

Tammy Abbott

My photo
Photojournalism is my passion, it's an amazing way to see and experience the world. I don't know if what I do will ever have a greater meaning then to fill the pages of daily newspapers. I've seen and felt first hand how important it is to approach the subject of my lense with kindness, respect and honesty. My background is in art and music. If I could express my feelings about life it would be embodied in the song made famous by Louis Armstrong, written by George Weiss and Thiele, "What A Wonderful World."

Followers