Friday, October 07, 2005

Friendly Smile... Great Hot Dogs!


Testing out a new format, and new media is always a challenge. It takes time and patience. While visiting my bank, I decided to ask the friendly neighborhood Hot Dog Stand salesman to pose for a picture. I explained that I was a professional, and told him this was for my personal collection. I have found that most people don't mind helping out as long as your honest with them and offer to give a print as well! Avo's print was a "one of a kind," that I left with him, it had a little better exposure.
We talked as I waited for the polaroids to develop. I learned that he's an artist, an oil painter, and he has been working at his current location for 4 years. I took a total of 4 pictures with my new Holga, the first one was without flash.. a big mistake since the sun was behind us. The next three I used my flash and they turned out ok, but with no viewfinder, no way to frame the picture with the flash on the camera, it's a challenge.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Hope you figure it out, and please check out my blog,

ISOSOS said...

Hey Adam, Thanks, it's my first try at this crazy stuff. The problem is it is time consuming, but I'm going to try and keep up.

Tammy Abbott

My photo
Photojournalism is my passion, it's an amazing way to see and experience the world. I don't know if what I do will ever have a greater meaning then to fill the pages of daily newspapers. I've seen and felt first hand how important it is to approach the subject of my lense with kindness, respect and honesty. My background is in art and music. If I could express my feelings about life it would be embodied in the song made famous by Louis Armstrong, written by George Weiss and Thiele, "What A Wonderful World."

Followers